Tuesday, August 23, 2011

To Eat, or Not to Eat

Many of my favorite ways of relaxing go hand in hand with a snack.
Watching a movie-popcorn
Reading a book-milk and cookies
Laying in the Sun-chips

the list goes on and on. So, now that a case of diabetes has got in the way of me being allowed to snack, I am faced with a dilemma. I mean, who goes to the movies without buying popcorn? And who goes on picnics or watches football games without enjoying chips and dip? My doctors told me I would continue to live a normal life. So why am I feeling like an idiot, munching on celery, while my friends share a bucket of popcorn and look guiltily at me?

I haven't found a solution to this issue, yet. I want to stay upbeat, but I am secretly harboring a jealous anger that I cannot eat what I want to eat. Every now and again I splurge. I eat the popcorn and up my insulin units. I stuff my pie-hole with pie, and then exercise until I want to drop. There are ways to manage, yes. But, at least in this instance, what I want most of all is a cure for this chronic disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment